2017

A new year. A new beginning.

We have been so busy this past year. We finally purchased our first house! I am ecstatic to finally be in our own house and making it a home. I am currently working two days a week for a local hospice company and spending the rest of my days caring for our two youngest kids, keeping up with the household, and spending as much time with the rest of the family as I can. Part time work is perfect for me, as it gives us the needed income, but I am also not so overwhelmed and I can manage everything else in our life.

In this new year, I want to do and be better in my life. One of the things I plan to do better is take care of my health. I plan to go to a doctor soon to get a regular check up, something I haven't done since I was a teenager. I plan to eat better, drink more water, and exercise regularly. Another thing I plan on doing, is organizing and documenting my pictures here and on my external hard drive. My goal is to document every Sunday. I have several other goals this year that includes our house, my career, a garden, money, travel, and happiness. Hopefully I will achieve my goals and have another successful year!

 I started the new year off right, with a healthy and colorful breakfast.


 Then at lunch time we enjoyed some Chinese food!
 What better way to celebrate the new year than with some Chinese food?

 We are so lucky that on the days that I work, Logan is able to stay home with the younger kids and pick up the older ones from school. He is such a great dad and my girls are beautiful. I am so blessed.

 Me and Logan decided to try a new recipe and made Stromboli for the first time. One Stromboli wasn't going to be enough to feed our family, so we both made one. Mine looked so much prettier than his, but after a few minutes in the oven and the smoke detectors going off, we realized that we were cooking on wax paper, not parchment paper! My bad! Anyways, Logan's came out looking better than mine after I  decided to strip the paper off mine and tried to make it look better.
 Jason ate both of the Stromboli's though and enjoyed them both very much as you can tell.
 
Jason is my cuddle bear and my last little baby.
He is so sweet and is finally beginning to talk some. He loves to dance and listen to music. Jase is such a joy in our lives. After he got sick with Hand Foot and Mouth disease last month, he weaned himself from the pacifier and I'm trying to wean him from the breast, but he's not liking it too much. I'm ready to be done with breastfeeding and at the same time, not at all. I'm not ready for this stage of my life to be over yet.
 
 Here in Alabama, we don't get very much snow, so when we do, the state shuts down. Friday was a snow day for us. We waited all day for it and decided since it wasn't snowing, we would go eat lunch. But as we were leaving, the snow came. I've never seen such big snow flakes before. Snow flakes probably isn't the most accurate term, they were more like snow balls, that fell and exploded once they hit the ground. We were all giddy at the sight of it. We went and ate lunch at our favorite spot, but by the time we left the snow had stopped.

 We've been lazy this weekend, and spent too much time watching Netflix. But, I can justify it as Logan is laid off this weekend and we rarely get the weekend together anymore. Somehow the house is fairly clean and I've kept up with my daily exercising and semi-healthy eating. However, the thing that I am the most proud of this week is that each day has been long. I heard this line in a song once: "A day that is long, is a day complete." That line has stuck with me and I feel accomplished when the day has been long and I've spent it loving the people in my life. I hope that every day this year is long and filled with love and happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinkie Pie Party

Shark Birthday Party

Passing the LGSW Exam