Snow Day!

Yesterday it snowed and we got to play in it! Snow in Alabama is not uncommon, but snow that actually sticks and stays on the ground is. When our roads became slick, our schools and places of employment closed. I slid around on my way home just going 5 mph. I stopped to check on a vehicle that was in the ditch to make sure no one was in it. I saw a couple fender benders, and 18-wheelers that were having trouble going up the hill. When I finally made it home, I told the kids we could play in it. I was planning to take Nikolai and Victoria out to play when Alexandria took a nap, but I got a text from my sister-n-law that they were on there way to play in the snow with us, so I bundled the kids up and out we went. We had a snow ball fight, even though the snow was so powdery. We learned that Alexandria does not like to have snow thrown in her face, and neither does Nikolai. But payback is payback and that's just what you get! I didn't even realize that this was Alexandria and Alice's first real snow! What started out being a normal day ended up being a beautiful fun time with the kids.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinkie Pie Party

Shark Birthday Party

Passing the LGSW Exam