Anchor's and Pearl's Birthday Party

Our daughter is a huge daddy's girl and when I asked for his opinion on her birthday party, I was surprised that he had some great ideas. He wanted to do an anchor theme with absolutely no pink. Let me just say, it's hard not to use pink in a little girls 1st birthday party. From the beginning I wanted the party to be classy and cute. Ribbons, bows, and polka dots were things I had in mind. But since my husband voiced his opinion I decided to go with his ideas and put my twist on it. 


 Alexandria has a pearl necklace that she plays with and wears all of the time. Pearls come from the sea so we combined the ideas to create her unique party theme. This theme was easier than I thought it'd be. I bought table cloths, doilies, and metal tubs from Dollar Tree, napkins from Wal-mart, chevron fabric and some cheap strands of pearls from Hobby Lobby, cake and cup cakes from Food Land, favor bags from The Party Fairy on Etsy and a cute ruffle romper from MySweetPeaCouture on Etsy.

 

 I saw some cute "ONE" banners on Pinterest and decided to make my own. I added some cute anchors to fit the theme. I had a lot of burlap on hand, so I  free hand cut the banner, then printed stencils from Microsoft word and then painted it with Navy paint. Super easy, super cute.

 

 I saw some vintage ruffle cake ideas on Pinterest and settled on this one. It turned out fabulous! I bought some pearls sprinkles and had cupcakes made to match the cake.
 

  I did get something pink, the candle!

 

I used chevron fabric as table runners, added a doilie and then placed the bucket center pieces on top.


Added some confetti and Wa-La! Easy table decorations.




The centerpieces were made by filling metal buckets with mints and sticking printed anchors glued to sticks in the middle, tie a ribbon on it and it's done!

 

 The favor bags were filled with cookies, as you can see the oil from the cookies seeped through on the bags. I added a lace doilie, a thank you note, and another ribbon bow!

 

I've always wanted to do a timeline of photos for a party. It was so difficult to narrow down photos and still I had a hard time fitting all of them on there.


The moment she was placed in my arms to the exact minute she was born a year later.
And a picture of her eating cake on her actual birthday!


 

My beautiful baby girl!


 Snotty nose baby, ruffle cake, 1 pink candle, a fork, a song sang by friends and family and birthday wishes. 


I forgot to take a picture of the time capsule. I had everyone write a note, words of advice, a prediction, or a picture that will be stored away until she turns 18. 


She wanted to climb on the presents and sit down! So funny.


 She loved the baby dolls that she received, and the boxes.


 Some of the friends and family:

She had a great birthday party, thanks to all her family and friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinkie Pie Party

Passing the LGSW Exam

Nikolai Blaine & Victoria Ashlynn in 2013!