Happy Birthday Dear Alexandria

A year ago my third child entered into the world at 1:54 p.m. My emotions ran high and I was unsure of many things. This year has been a tough, but enjoyable year. Alexandria was sick a lot of the time which meant long restless nights and grouchy attitudes. But, my heart has grown and I feel wiser and more mature than I did a year ago. I guess you can't progress in life if you don't have problems and trials to work through and this year has provided many. Not only have I grown, I have seen a huge growth in my husband. He's hardly the man he was a year ago. He has became a better husband, father, and man. Alexandria is a huge daddy's girl and it has changed him and gave me perspective, as oddly as that sounds. I had to deal with leaving her 4 days a week for 3 months when she turned two months old. I know many mother's work, but it was extremely difficult for me and I dealt with a large amount of mommy guilt. I was blessed to spend most of the year at home with her. After finishing college, I knew I had to go to work and didn't want to so I begged and pleaded with God that I could have more time with her. If I couldn't be a stay at mom I at least wanted to have the first year with her. I got what I wanted, I spent the majority of the first year with her and on her birthday I received a call that I was chosen for a job. I know this is God's plan because if it was up to me I would be a stay at home mom. But the lord has plans for me and my family. I know that Alexandria will be okay as she is in wonderful hands. I feel blessed because I have gotten to spend so much time with Alexandria and most of it quality time. I've tried to soak in every moment, the happy, the sad, all of it. She has been the fussier of the three and been the slowest to progress, but I've enjoyed that as she is my last child. I'm clinging to every last bit of her being a baby that needs me as she soon will be an independent person. I look forward to many more birthdays and hope that I can continue to soak in all of this and not have regrets as I age. It's been quite a year and I am still amazed at how much growth happens in the first year. An innocent baby that loves unconditionally, learning to roll, sit up, crawl, eat, walk, talk, and stealing the hearts of those around her.

 

Alexandria, 
I love you so so much. In all things, please remember that I love you. And I promise to love you unconditionally throughout time as you have loved me. Thank you for all that you have given me. 
Happy birthday. 
Love, Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinkie Pie Party

Shark Birthday Party

Passing the LGSW Exam