Our First Aid Bag

I must face the fact that I've inherited my dad's doomsday mentality. I'm always imagining the worst possible catastrophes and ways I can be prepared. I have a million ideas. I think my mindset has begun to wear off on my husband who decided to  make us a first aid/lost in the woods preparedness bag. We are still adding to it. When we get our house I plan to stock up on water, certain foods, and bigger items that could help us in many doomsday situations. We hope to take wilderness survival classes one day, along with getting our CPR certification renewed. My husband has learned to hunt, clean, and cook deer, but he would like to broaden his skills to smaller game.We also plan to stock up on ammo for our guns. The first aid bag is just the first step in our preparedness goal!

We actually bought two of these and left one at the lake.
We also have matches, but matches can get wet!
I hope we don't ever have to use this, but we'll be glad we have it if we ever need it.
We've used these at home for sore and pulled muscles. Great for sprained ankles!
Love the emergency blankets he bought. I didn't think of that one!
This is our basic First Aid kit we used to keep in our car.
It has guides on what to do in certain situation. Choking, CPR, and other great information.
Let me just say, we have more band-aids than we will probably ever need.
We have alcohol swabs, anitseptic, hand sanitizer, gauze, tape, Q-tips, gloves, and more.
He bought us a compass in case we ever get lost while camping or hiking.
Bug Spray! You can never have too much of this. Research shows that bug sprays with deet is the most effective kind.
We have scissors, tweezers, Neosporin, ibuprofen, more gloves, and a finger light.

I can think of at least 10 more things to add to our bag. I think our next purchase is going to be a water filter or water purifier tablets. Things not in our bag, but should be: Flashlights, batteries, weather radio, poncho's, sunblock, thermometer, tourniquet, and calamine lotion. Would gas masks be a little too extreme? I can get a little carried away thinking about all the possibilities!

Comments

  1. I do agree with the below mentioned answer that the most commonly used and recommend items are dettol or savlon, cotton roll, band-aid, crocin, stepsils. However, i would like to mention here that there are different kinds of first aid kits that you can check at http://firstaidkit.us/ . Therefore, it is necessary that you must choose the right product meeting your needs and requirements.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinkie Pie Party

Passing the LGSW Exam

Nikolai Blaine & Victoria Ashlynn in 2013!