Parks

 What is it about parks that parents dislike? I love taking my kids to the park, especially when the weather is nice. It's a chance to get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoors as well as watching your children play and have fun.
I love taking blankets to sit on so I can sit under the shade trees.
 Sometimes it feels so good outside we could just lay down and take a nap, but we don't.
 Instead we act silly and take pictures.
I listen to my son's stories that he creates with full attention. Nikolai is so creative and imaginative. The stories he comes up with are fascinating and unreal and yes sometimes they make no sense and I can't understand him.
 Victoria is more on the quiet side. She rarely talks. Only demands things when she wants them.
 She's independent. She wants to do what she wants to do and go where she wants to go. So I try to let her.
 She's also your average two-year old who throws tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants. 
 But, I try to foster her quiet independence.
 Sometimes we bring lunch from home and other times we grab some fast food.
 And we don't worry about the mess on our faces and clothes.
 We enjoy the food and the mess,
 and each other.

 I don't get aggravated because I'm trying to multi or triple task. I'm there to enjoy my children, and that just what I do. Parks are fun and I believe I will always enjoy taking my children to the park to play and enjoy life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinkie Pie Party

Passing the LGSW Exam

Nikolai Blaine & Victoria Ashlynn in 2013!